Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, August 31, 2005
::big sigh::
Stayed late at work today because of end-of-fiscal-year. We had a lot of activity because we are making emergency purchases to send for hurricane relief. (We found out with incredulity that Walmart, of all places, will not accept a government credit card. A government credit card check, yes, but not a credit card. My supervisor was there with a credit card with a $100,000 limit on it and they wouldn't take it!) By the time I got out the traffic was horrendous. Took me 90 minutes to get home via surface streets and I think the back-up on the freeway would have been faster. Half the blockage was due to cars spilling out in the street from the gas station lines. I was fuming [pun not intended] because I was wasting gas.

Stopped at Advance Auto Parts just in back of a guy who was looking for a locking gas cap (of course they were all out). I just wanted one of those wire coils that you put down the filler pipe so no one can siphon the gas. I had one during the energy crisis in the 70s. They've never heard of them. Don't they make them anymore?

Then I get home and get the happy {cough} news that the death certificate is wrong. It listed Mom's place of residence as Georgia so the probate in Rhode Island can't handle it. Arrrgh! There was a poor guy who needed the car to get to work and now he can't have it. I don't even know who to call.