Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, July 08, 2005
Well, Okay, Brent... :-)
What I was doing ten years ago: Still working at CDC. But I was still in PAB back then and doing my regular support job and happier.

5 years ago: I think that was before the last reorg. I was still in the IT section and doing my regular support job and was happier.

1 year ago: [sigh] Still doing purchase orders.

Yesterday: Dubbing off a bunch of things between checking on Mom. (Luckily the dubbing is easy: you make sure the tape is tracking properly and start the DVD recording. You don't even have to watch it, just get back before it's over to shut it off.)

5 snacks I enjoy:
1. Blue Bunny No-Sugar Ice Cream Bars
2. Chocolate Cream Oreos
3. Fig Newtons
4. Sun Chips (mmmn...Sun Chips...)
5. Traditional Chex Snack Mix

5 songs I know all the words to:
1. Any song by Rupert Holmes.
2. Any Christmas carol.
3. Most TV theme songs before 1984.
4. Most classic commercial jingles.
5. A bunch of movie songs (like the theme to M*A*S*H)

5 Things I would do with $100 million:
1. Get the hell out of debt (good answer, Ivan).
2. Wrest the rights to Remember WENN from AMC and release it on DVD. (Ditto Lassie.)
3. Buy a new house with a gourmet kitchen for James, enough room for the books, and no friggin' wall-to-wall carpet.
4. Give my cousins a bunch of money.
5. Endow some charities.

5 locations I would like to run away to:
1. Boston, MA
2. London, England
3. New York City, NY
4. Alaska
5. Australia (to see Pidgie's relatives in the wild)

5 bad habits I have:
1. Eating too much chocolate
2. Not eating vegetables (but I hate vegetables)
3. Procrastination
4. Not sticking up for myself
5. Finishing James's sentences

5 things I like doing:
1. Writing
2. Reading
3. Cross-stitch
4. Listening to OTR in the car
5. Playing with Pidgie

5 things I would never wear:
1. A corset
2. A bustier
3. Hip-hugger jeans
4. Wool (I'm allergic)
5. Miniskirts (God, I hated the sixties...)

5 TV shows I like:
Um, past or present? :-) Here's now:
1. House
2. Monk
3. Jeopardy
4. Mystery!
5. Design on a Dime

5 Biggest joys of the moment:
Sigh. Not much of this going on at the moment, but
1. Good friends
2. Family
3. Pets
4. New car
5. Air conditioning

5 Favorite toys:
1. Computer
2. PDA
3. DVD recorder
4. Digital camera
5. Car