Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, July 11, 2005
Unbooked
By the way, I forgot to mention that on our excursion Saturday we went to see what the new Chapter 11 discount book center looked like. If you remember, the last time we visited Kudzu Discount Books on Peachtree Industrial Boulevard, they said they were going to close and be replaced by a Chapter 11 discount book center, and I was a bit melacholic about it because Chapter 11 has never struck me as much of a bookstore; lots of bestsellers and a few bargain books and not much else, and Kudzu often had unusual or odd books among the chaff.

Alas, the store is up for rent; I guess a discount center didn't materialize.

If you look up, you can still faintly, faintly see the old outlines of the letters for the old Woolworth's sign; this was the Woolworth's closest to me when I moved to Atlanta. ::sniffle:: I still miss Woolworth's.