Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, July 15, 2005
Sleepless in Atlanta
At bedtime Mom was awake and took her nightly pills well. Unfortunately she seemed to be awake half the night, too. I went in and look at her several times; at one point she asked me who I was at least twice. Another time she asked if she were in the hospital. Most of the time she was unintelligible or echolalic. My nose was so stuffy I couldn't sleep anyway, so it was mostly a sleepless night for me. What I regret is James getting woken up, too.

This morning she was awake as James was preparing for work. Surprisingly, she was weak but making some sense. She said she'd been awake all night because her back hurt. She said her eye hurt and wanted her pills, and then asked for something to eat. I got her a little bowl of Rice Krispies and she managed four teaspoon-fulls. I was half asleep and spent a good deal of time sitting at her side. She asked me a couple of questions about where James was; I told her I had permission from work to stay with her. She started repeating "permission from work to stay" and then fell in a doze.

She eventually told me she wanted to go back to sleep and she did, and by the time the nurse came over, was incoherent again. She wouldn't even talk to her.