Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, July 15, 2005
Sleepless in Atlanta II
Sorry, Mom was awake again and I went to sit with her for a bit. It started to thunder and Willow immediately appeared in the room and sat on my mom's feet (Mom was sitting up at this point; she's now lying down again). Oh, and yes, it's raining again.

Anyway, when the nurse got here at two, I had been sleeping, so it helped a little. Mom was completely unresponsive to her. She just kept rubbing her eye and either not saying anything or grunting. This is the first time the nurse has seen her so; as I mentioned in a previous message, Mom seems to either relax or withdraw with me and "act" or respond with visitors. The nurse says she seems angry; that she knows she is getting weaker and can't do anything about it.