Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, July 25, 2005
Rest Day
We slept late (as well as we can sleep on that old mattress and a bed that squeaks!) and had a leisurely breakfast. We had forgotten things at the grocery store yesterday and the panty hose that I bought did not fit, so we went back to Shaw's supermarket after we couldn't find the right size hose at Walgreen's. Also stopped by Border's—it seems the only way I can get my Best of British is here; the Border's in GA doesn't carry it any longer. And James sent a fax to work at Office Max. Then we went to B.J.'s for milk; much better paying $2.36 for a gallon of milk than $3.69!

When that was all home and put away, we took some time for ourselves and went to the hobby store in Apponaug, and then were going to go to A.C. Moore (craft shop) and the Christmas Tree Store. Unfortunately we went into Stop and Shop first to get stuff we couldn't find at Shaw's—Campbell's chicken broth (!!!!) and Hood's Carb Countdown chocolate milk for James. We thought the insulated bag was in the car, but it wasn't, so we had to come right home instead of hitting the stores. Oh, well.

After supper my cousin Janice and her mother, my Aunty Ella, came over; Janice has volunteered to do a collage for the funeral service. She had a bunch of pictures and I was going through the ones here: talk about a trip down memory lane! I really need to scan some of these wonderful photos and put them online. There are shots of Miami Beach in the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s vacations, and more recent things.

We are watching something on PBS called The Perilous Fight: America's World War II in Color, two hours of color footage from the 1940s. It's wonderful; I wish I'd known it was on to tape it.

Mom would have liked it, too.