Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, July 03, 2005
Outing
Of course I go out when it's pouring. [wry grin] I stopped at a Kroger in the vain hope that all of them have not rearranged and someone is still carrying the bags of Jolly Rancher watermelon-only candies. Not only was it a forlorn hope, but it was raining so hard that when I stepped out of the car I was ankle-deep in water. I spent the rest of the time out with sopping wet, ice-cold feet.

Got nice steaks and boneless pork ribs at BJ's, but no cherries. We'll have the ribs in the crock pot tomorrow for the Fourth. Mmmn.

Walgreens to pick up Mom's prescriptions. After the small trip yesterday she has been pretty much sound asleep all day. She woke up this morning in a lot of pain and I gave her two Percoset and a Gabapentin per the nurse's instructions and got her back to sleep.

A brief stop at Lowe's to return something, and another at Food Depot for whipped cream for the strawberries I bought at BJs. Home to clean up a bit because we have a couple of people coming over this evening. Mom was half awake when I came home and let me give her another Percoset. Now she is sound asleep and I don't want to wake her up for the Gabapentin.