Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, July 11, 2005
On, On, Brief Candle
Mom was actually up for a few hours today: she sat up and watched Frasier and the news. But during Days of Our Lives she said she was hurting and wanted to go back to sleep. So I gave her a backrub with some alcohol and her regular pills, and that's where she is now.

Meanwhile, it has stopped raining—for now, I understand, as the forecast is for thunderstorms for the remainder of the day. This morning it was pouring so hard you could hear the rattle on the baby monitor. (I looked out the window about nine o'clock and saw kids playing in the rain! Wow; catch my mom ever letting me do that way back when!) Then it stopped. Then it rained hard again. Now the sun is out and it's steamy hot.

Between times I've been vacuuming and sorting coupons and finishing the laundry, and dubbing off The Day the Universe Changed. I believe I've found James' copy of Connections, too.