Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, July 08, 2005
Mom Update
She woke before noon this morning early enough for me to give her a bit of a wash before the nurse showed up. The nurse was concerned at her pain level and called the doctor to get the medication upped. She also ordered me an emergency box of medication I might need on a weekend, including some pain meds.

Mom had expressed interest in some food while the nurse was here, and I brought her a scant three tablespoonfuls of Rice Krispies-in-milk which she looked at tiredly. (she never ate it and Willow was the recipient of the largesse.) I had her soaps on but she spent the afternoon either asleep or with her head in her hands. I am giving her two of the low-dose Percoset every four hours and it doesn't seem to be touching the pain.

James was feeling tired and sick today (we both haven't slept much the last two nights) and so since he was home I made a run outside. It feels so strange to be outside and driving! I went to the library and got four books, then stopped at Publix to get more watermelon for Mom and also found some nice cherries. I am looking for lactose-free ice cream and haven't found it in four markets now, the others being Kroger, Walmart, and Food Depot. Maybe its in Ingles? Mom could just pop in the car and find some a few miles from the house at Ruggieri's.

On the way home I got a wild hare and stopped at CD Warehouse and, to my disappointment, found out it was going out of business. Stock is about half depleted, but all their DVDs were 25 percent off. So I got The Aviator and Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow both for $18.

Mom ate one small square of watermelon and returned to either sleeping or holding her head. I gave her the 8 p.m. dose an hour early because she wanted to go to bed. At nearly ten she had to go to the bathroom. Poor Mom was half asleep during the entire proceedings and I had to keep waking her up to do various things. Sigh. It's going to get to the point where I am going to have to ask James for help lifting even though she weighs barely nothing any more (she was 120 back on June 3 and I know she's lost a lot more weight since then. Her cheeks look cadaverous (except where her eye is swollen and bruised). My back and knees are already screaming at this "abuse."