Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, July 01, 2005
It's Not...
It's not that it's hard to see Mom in pain...although it is. She generally wakes up that way and I have to rush and get her her medication. I'm learning to live with it, although it's still sore.

It's not that she's too weak to bathe herself...I'm not much of a nurse, but I can at least help her.

It's when she gets petulant and I can't do anything about it.

She woke up in pain as always and I gave her two Percoset; the nurse told me that was fine. She was fairly alert most of the early afternoon and I helped her wash, and she spoke to Ingrid, who told me privately that she sounded a little depressed. I'm not surprised. But she wanted to see something funny and watched What's Up, Doc? with Barbra Streisand and Ryan O'Neal because Wimbledon was on again pre-empting her soaps. Later on she dozed off.

About six thirty James and I discussed having Chinese food and I asked her if she wanted some. How about some egg drop soup? Hurrah, she expressed interest in it.

Not twenty minutes later, when I went to give her her medication, she was suddenly childish and petty. She wouldn't take the pills and when I asked her why, she said she just didn't want to. I said please and tried to reason with her. She just called me a pain in the neck and told me to leave her alone. She was acting like a small spoilt girl.

So finally I did. Fifteen minutes after that, when James got home, she was still surly.

But at eight-thirty, when I went back up to check and ask if she needed her pills, she said yes, took them calmly, and went back to sleep. Sigh.