Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, July 20, 2005
Interesting...
This was my comment on May 21, after we had purchased the new HVAC (heat and air conditioning) unit for our house:
I hope it makes the electric bill a little lower like they claim!
Well, I still haven't gotten the electric bill, but I noticed that our gas bill (it's a gas furnace) has gone down $15! James thinks it's because it has electronic ignition instead of a pilot light.

I'd wondered how much gas a month that pilot light burned in summer. I guess that's my answer.

As for the electric bill, I don't expect it to be very cheap. Since I am home and Mom has been upstairs and I have wanted both of us to be getting air, I have been turning the temp down, at least in the afternoons, to around 75°F or sometimes less.