Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.

 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

» Tuesday, June 14, 2005
An up and down day. Mom slept on the sofa last night, but sometime after 6 a.m. when I got up to open some of the windows, she went to the bathroom (I could tell; she pulled the shade down) and then went into the bed. She slept a lot of today, but I had to wrestle with her a bit to get her to take all her pills and she wouldn't take the gabapentin until tonight.

We also had a contretemps at dinner time: she expressed an interest for Boston Market chicken. I needed some iron-on patches for my pants and asked her if it was okay if I go look for some; that I might not be right back. She said it was okay twice, and I told my godmother I was leaving. I had to go out a ways to find a fabric store and had to make it back through rush-hour traffic before going to Boston Market. When I got back she was annoyed because I had been so long...and, sigh, didn't eat the chicken after all that.

She also didn't tell me that she had a rapid heartbeat all day, until about 9 p.m. I had to call the hospice nurse, who thought it was a little rapid but not dangerous and thought it might be a leftover effect from the heat earlier. I also gathered from Mom's comments that she thinks the hospice nurse should come every day.

It soared to 92°F today and then the clouds came in. We didn't get any thunderstorms or hard rain like they did other places, but the cold front came through. It dropped about 25 degrees in less than six hours. While last night it was in the high 70s, tonight it is already under 59°. This was good because after I ate my Boston Market chicken, I had a terrible case of indigestion (I forgot to take my Prilosec this morning) and was feeling decidedly unwell and it frightened me.

Trying to figure out a way to submit some paperwork to get myself into the leave donation program at work. I have to fill out a form, but can't have it e-mailed to me because I have no printer. I will probably have it faxed to my cousin Debbie and Richard's shop and then have them fax it back. As of now I am on leave without pay, and that's scary with my car insurance bill coming up.