Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, June 07, 2005
Temperature's Rising
It's 85°F right now (feels like 86); it really shouldn't be this hot here in June (especially since it was rainy and in the 50s before I showed up). The saving grace is that the humidity has gone down to 48 percent and there's a nice wind whipping off the ocean. By the time it gets inland here it's a little warmed over, but it still helps cool. Can't wait for the sun to go down so it will get cooler; have I mentioned lately how much I hate Daylight Savings Time?

Mom woke up complaining of aching bones even in the new bed with the air mattress; turns out she had a slight fever of 100.3°F. I gave her two Tylenol immediately and by the time Lynn the nurse came at 2:30, she was back down to normal again. But the eye was paining her terribly. She wouldn't take even half a Percoset for me, but she took a whole one for Lynn. Sigh. Of course it puts her right to sleep: she has a choice of being in horrible pain or being asleep. What a choice.

I don't know what we'll have for dinner. Nothing I can cook seems to strike her appetite, which is almost nil anyway. James is the cook in the family; he can even make me like meatloaf, which I have always despised. I'm not hungry anyway, from the heat. I feel like I'm being slow-roasted on a spit. I want to get Mom down there where he can feed her properly and I can be cool, but I don't know if I can do it without help. The airport's such a bear these days.

I don't think either of them read this blog, but I want to thank Juanita and Jessie for the package they sent me; especially Jessie for her thoughtful gesture.