Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, June 28, 2005
...The Rest is Silence
Ventriloquist-Actor Paul Winchell, 82, Dies

I grew up on Paul Winchell and Shari Lewis; they remain some of my favorite Saturday morning memories. But then I remember Saturday morning with particular fondness: the things they have on for kids now, weird cartoons and stuff like The Crocodile Hunter can't beat the lineup I remember. Live-action classics like Fury and The Roy Rogers/Dale Evans Show and Lassie reruns, cartoons like Tennessee Tuxedo and Underdog and Rocky and His Friends, other shows like Pip the Piper and the amazing magician Mark Wilson ("and his assistant Nani Darnell and Rebo the Clown") in The Magic Land of Alakazam.

We'll miss you, Paul.

Ivan Shreve has some great links to commentary about Winchell in his entry about his passing.