Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, June 02, 2005
Re-shod and "Tard"
Mom had another bad morning, to the point where I talked her into having another half a Percoset. In the meantime I washed and dried a load of clothes.

I called up the tire place my cousin recommended and explained my predicament. Instead of just telling me to come in and wait, he gave me an "appointment" (when they wouldn't be busy). I got out in a half hour, which included a walk to Benny's. (Benny's is kind of a RI thing; it started out as a hardware store. Like Wall Drugs out west and Topsy, "it growed." Basically it's still a hardware store, with more stuff: crafts things, kids' toys, puzzles, small appliances, cleaning supplies, small furniture, bicycles, pool supplies, kitchen gadgets, etc. A few of them have tire centers.) I stocked up on screen patch kits since, with the purchase of the new HVAC system, we ain't getting new windows any time soon, and I'll be damned if I'm going to spend $$$ on new screens and just get 'em again when we can finally afford the windows. I have searched in Lowe's, Home Depot, and even a real neighborhood hardware store at home and never seen these stick-on screen patches; they only have ones for metal screens, not plastic (or whatever the fool things are) ones.

Mom and I went shopping afterwards, but the toll of not eating enough yesterday made her feel a little shaky and we came home after hitting Stop'n'Shop.