Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, June 22, 2005
Nothing to Do But Help...
Mom has been in some pain today. I wish I could do more. I gave her all her medication on time, but it's just been rough. Michelle, the social worker, came today. I arranged for the chaplain to come (tomorrow) and they are also going to have a volunteer call me so I can go out for a few hours for shopping and errands.

Between going up and downstairs for meds and other assistance, I did some more dubbing: I did fit Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree at the end of the DVD with the other two Muppet Christmas stories. I also transferred If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium (which I got off TCM; I guess they don't have a widescreen version), the only episode of Laverne and Shirley I ever liked, "The Slow Child," about Mrs. Babish's mentally challenged daughter, and two World War II homefront specials, Going Hollywood: the War Years and Entertaining the Troops. There is enough room on this WWII disk for the old AMC homefront special, Stars and Stripes.