Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, June 12, 2005
Mom has slept most of today. I made supper: the nice tender au jus pork dinner from Hormel, but she doesn't seem to like meat anymore and the Rice'a'Roni that she asked me to make was too salty for her. (Heck, it's almost too salty for me.) She has taken her pills (so far, she said ominously) and did have some ice cream.

Hideously hot today; only thing good about it was that it was extremely hazy so that we didn't see the sun much. This is bizarre for June, which is usually warm but nice, not with temps up in the 90s. Very muggy. The three H's, as John Ghiorse always said: hazy, hot and humid. Miserable weather. But I always did hate summer, even as a kid, even with summer vacation. I used to wish they'd put A/C in the schools (which, of course, they have done now) and let us off in the winter. After all, all the good holidays were in the winter and I'd rather play in the snow than get mosquito bites.