Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, June 15, 2005
It only got up to 60°F today. It was wonderful; at least I thought so. I was able to wash clothes and sweep the floor and even iron the patches on my pants. Mom got up and was even able to wash up, but she dozed through most of the day, blinking awake occasionally during her soaps.

By evening I was feeling restless. I went outside a couple of times; the air had a delightful cold tinge. It reminded me of winter; things were so much better in the winter. By the time I had eaten supper I couldn't bear it anymore; Mom said she didn't mind, so I went for a walk around the track across the street. This used to be just two fields, an upper and a lower, where the kids from Bain had gym class and the guys played baseball on summer nights, and the back part used to be the right-of-way for the railroad that took supplies to the Cranston Printworks. There are houses down on the right-of-way now and the tracks are now part of a bicycle path system.

I went once around, which is a half a mile. It took care of a little of my restlessness, but not all. What I want to do is run...and run...and run...