Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, June 24, 2005
I got out tonight! For a whole hour.

I had initially asked Mom if she wanted to go with us and she said yes, she wanted to get out a little. I even brought her clothes downstairs so she could dress in the bathroom. But by the time we finished our chicken Mom said she was too tired. So I left her my cell phone and showed her how to press "2" (the speed-dial for James' phone) if something happened.

So we zipped down to BJ's, James got gas, and we shopped and got back. I felt so weird in the truck. I haven't ridden in it for a month. Found cherries that actually looked good, nice and ripe. Mom ate a couple herself. We would have brought strawberries, but she is allergic.

Also transferred to DVD: two episodes of To the Manor Born (yes, I know it's out on DVD, but it's too expensive), an ep of Yes, Minister that had Michael Keating in it, an ep of Yes, Prime Minister with Nicholas Courtney in it, a 12-minute interview of Patrick Stewart from The Tonight Show when Star Trek: the Next Generation ended, and Disney's The Moon-Spinners (which is also on DVD, but the idiots didn't letterbox it, so why waste the money on it when I have a perfectly good full screen copy?).