Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, June 06, 2005
Errata
I understand that since the Tylenol scare years ago that medical manufacturers make sure their products are resistant to tampering. But for cryin' out loud, do they also realize that a lot of these products are used by elderly people who have motor limitations? Every time I open a bottle of Boost for my mom it drives me nuts and I'm only 49; I think about the folks that don't have help. Would it kill the Boost people to put a damn tab on the foil seal covering the bottle mouth? I have to stab the fool thing with a knife to get it off. That can't be safe for people of any age with shaky hands.

There's an "aestheic dentistry" physician who advertises here, showing people who have had their teeth fixed for cosmetic purposes. One gentleman and one older lady I can understand—he was missing teeth and she had protruding incisors—but the rest of them had just regular old teeth. When you saw them later they were all chatting about how they smile more and aren't ashamed and I can't figure why! They had perfectly good teeth and now they all have the same teeth, a solid slab of artificially white...white. It looks so fake. They like having fake-looking teeth?

Couldn't believe the story on Inside Edition which told about a woman who got tired of looking for "Mr. Right" and went around the world to find 80 men. Something clicked with #35. But pray tell me, here in the 21st century, why a woman has to find "Mr. Right"? I'm not being misanthropic...I just think it's stupid. Guys shouldn't have to go on a desperate search for "Ms. Right," either.

And speaking of fictional stupid, can I thwack Chloe on Days of Our Lives? I don't know all the back story to this (these are Mom's soaps), but this dip Chloe got her face scarred in some sort of accident in which her boyfriend Brady thought she died. She pretended she died so Brady wouldn't have to see her "damaged." She was afraid he wouldn't want her because she was ugly. Wake up and smell the coffee, sweetie. If he really loves you, he won't care. If he does care he's a sorry ass and you need to go find a real man and not one who just cares for your body.