Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, May 26, 2005
thursday Threesome

::Comment and Trackback Spam::


Onesome- Comment: Are there any blogs you regularly read and comment on? Is it just to say "hi, how are you?" or is there one site that just makes you have to join in the conversation?

Oh, there are many blogs I always read; they're listed over there on the right. But I'm not a frequent commenter. I'm more likely to link than comment.

Twosome- and Trackback: Does anyone actually ever really use this function of their blog?

I don't. I don't even know how you would do it.

Threesome- Spam: We all hate it! Anyone have any clever ways of dealing with it? Share it with us, please.

Nope, afraid not, although I did do some rather clever filtering, IMHO, two years ago to get rid of the deluge of spam we got that finally made me change our main e-mail address. (Note to anyone who hasn't gotten it through a head as thick as mine: do not use your real address on Usenet!) I just delete what we get now. I do have some automatic filters, and when the spam comes it's immediately transferred to trash with a sound bite I culled from a radio show. It's Marian Jordan from Fibber McGee and Molly saying "'Tain't funny, McGee." :-)