Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, May 06, 2005
That Time of the Month
No, not that. I got rid of that troublemaker last April.

The monthly pre-emptive strike is finished; it's not so bad at this time of the year when it's cool in the morning. I got up early and donned my patched-up yard clothes and swept and raked the tree tassels away from the back step, sprayed around the sliding glass door, applied ant granules three feet (at least) out from the door and also around the dryer vent and damped them down. Also cleaned and sprayed the side door, and sprayed the kitchen window, front door, and around the glass doors.

While I was out there I noticed that several branches of the privet (tree) were inching toward the roof so I got out the trusty extendable lopper and knocked off a few branches; also from the maple (sycamore?) tree in the back yard and one dogwood branch. James tends to get the lopper away from me, but I love doing all that pruning.

(Which reminds me we need to go to Lowe's because my hand pruning shears seem to have done a bunk. And we need more Ortho for the rest of the...gag...summer. James and I were so pissed over the weekend; there it was, nice and cool and we were both too sick to enjoy it. Now we're feeling better and the temps will be inching back up into Fry Meter season.)

While I was outside James cleaned up the kitchen; call me weird and I really hate working in the yard, but I prefer being out there to cleaning the kitchen, I tell ya...

Now that my back hurts and my knees ache, I'm about to relax and go to Barnes & Noble to see if the new Quick & Easy (cross-stitch mag from England) is out. I haven't been in a bookstore since Sunday and am getting withdrawal symptoms. :-)