Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, May 16, 2005
Monday Madness

How much do you think is the most you would pay for...

1. ...a loaf of bread?


A loaf of bread? Whatever Food Depot charges--99 cents, I guess. I don't get loaves of bread, I get the Italian sweet rolls at Kroger which are $2.49 for eight. Lunch is so lousy I want something that tastes good.

2. ...a gallon of gas?

Whatever it takes. I have a 56 mile round trip commute to work and if I don't go to work, I can't buy gas.

3. ...a pair of jeans?

0. I don't buy jeans; they never fit me properly. If I'm lucky I'll get pants at Sam's or BJ's for under $20.

4. ...a computer?

About $600. Unless I win the lottery. Then I get the one with all the bells and whistles and pay $2000.

5. ...a camera?

Huh! I paid $800 for my Mavica. Take that as a sign.

6. ...a pair of shoes?

Whatever a pair of Hush Puppies cost these days. Ugh. I hate buying shoes. No matter what I buy they are never wide enough and always chafe my feet. I go down to the Reebok outlet and buy boys' shoes.

7. ...a television?

Probably about $2000, but less is preferable.

8. ...a recliner chair?

$300, which is what we paid. :-)

9. ...a month of 'lightening speed' internet service?

Oh, I dunno. We're paying $51 now. Probably more if we absolutely had to. I'd cancel the satellite service before I cancelled the internet service.

10. ...a cell phone?

I didn't intend to spend more than $50, but I paid more (but it was buy one get one free, so I really only paid $40 a phone).