Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, May 23, 2005
Monday Madness

1. ...ridden on a rollercoaster?

Exactly once; it was a junior roller coaster and I swore I'd never, ever do it again. I do not like "barf rides," i.e. rides that drop.

2. ...performed (in any area of the arts) onstage?

Sure. I had roles in a couple of ARTC productions, before it got impossible to get across town to Bill and Caran's house for rehearsals. I was an Eloi in "Island of Dr. Moreau"; I even had a line!

3. ...planted a garden?

Twice. We planted wildflowers when we first moved into the house. It was too much work and there were too many bugs.

4. ...ever had to reformat your hard drive due to a virus/spyware?

No, we managed to get it off as I remember.

5. ...written a book? A poem? A song?

LOL. Several books, just never have gotten them published. Several poems, including a couple printed in fanzines. Well, filksongs...

6. ...sang karaoke?

Only in front of the bird.

7. ...been interviewed by a local tv station/newspaper?

Yep. Twice. Jack Major interviewed me in 1973 for one of his TV columns in the Providence Journal after I sent him a television survey I had done as part of my eleventh-grade journalism class. The Marietta Journal interviewed me in 1998 about my Remember WENN webpage.

8. ...witnessed a tornado/earthquake/hurricane first-hand?

I never, ever want to witness either of the first two. I've been through at least a half dozen hurricanes, including Hurricane Donna in 1963 (??) when the power was off for three days.

9. ...participated in a photo scavenger hunt?

A what? No.

10. ...traveled to another country?

Physically, yes, I've been to Canada several times: Quebec, Montreal for Expo67, Niagara-on-the-Lake, and Canada's Wonderland north of Toronto.

Also many times in books!