Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, May 02, 2005
Heigh-Ho, Heigh-Ho, It's Back to the Doctor We Go
My turn.

Been coughing and sneezing since last week, no temp. (In fact it's been sitting smack at 97.1°F all week.) At least three nights last week when I lay down I was wheezing. Tried to get a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and they had no slots open, then things went to hell in a handbasket with James, so I soldiered through the weekend. Yesterday after 12 hours sleep I still felt dreadful and determined to go to the doctor this morning.

Got an appointment to go in at eleven, but we had quite a job getting there: all the routes across town were blocked by police cars. We had no idea what was going on until we tried a third route and went past a school with "Welcome V.P. Cheney!" on its bulletin board. Thank heaps, Dick. So we had to go waaaaaay around through the back.

So I have an upper respiratory infection (like I couldn't have figured that out) and some nice penicillin, cough medicine with codeine, and Nasarel to take in place of the Claritin until this is bye-bye. Oh, and I'm supposed to continue with the Mucinex, too. Pharmacopea'r'us.