Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, May 23, 2005
DVD Transfer Diary
Could have done more yesterday, but I kept getting distracted. But I did get two Doctor Who stories done, my favorite, "The Deadly Assassin," and Robert Holmes' tax satire, "The Sun Makers," which has the added bonus of having Michael Keating in it. I believe, although I'm not sure, that Keating was cast as Vila Restal in Blake's 7 because of his role in this story.

I just noticed, in fact, that series 3 of Blake's 7 will be released in Region 2 on June 20. I've been avoiding buying the B7 DVDs because (a) damn, they're expensive, and (b) I've been hoping someone would release them in Region 1, but I really do have to get the series 3 set if I can. That season has all my favorite episodes (except for "Gambit"): "Rumours of Death" and "Sarcophagus" and my all time special favorite, "City at the Edge of the World," which is about Vila.

Anyway, here are two Doctor Who websites I've never seen before which are nicely laid out and seem to have tons of information:

Doctor Who: A Brief History of Time (Travel)

Doctor Who Reference Guide