Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, May 12, 2005
DVD Transfer Diary--Back Again
Apology in Advance: I know by mentioning the videos I have I run the risk of getting e-mail from folks asking if I can make copies. I'll have to disappoint you; I can't.
I got back to the dubbing business tonight by transferring the six episodes of My World and Welcome to It I managed to get off WGN many years ago. Don't know about this series? Check here.

Following I started transferring off a quirky British series from the late 1980s/early 1990s, The Secret Life of Machines. This was done in three series of six each for Channel 4 starting in 1988. Host Tim Hunkin and his faithful assistant Rex Garrod showed us how different machines worked, using cutaway units and funny hand-drawn illustrations. Hadn't watched this one in years and was still enthralled by it. Tonight did the "Washing Machine," "Refrigerator," and "Television Set." I am missing one episode of the third series and now I realize I don't know which. I thought I missed an episode on the typewriter (third series is all about the office) but discover from an episode guide that there is no ep about a typewriter. I'm thinking I'm missing the electric light one instead, but I won't know until I watch. I'm pretty sure I did get the one about the word processor; now that would be ironic if I didn't!

Here's a nice Secret Life of Machines website. Check out the links page, which connects to other Secret Life pages and also to Tim Hunkin's web site.