Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Sunday, May 08, 2005
[BEATS HEAD AGAINST WALL AGAIN]
Damn, damn, damn, damn. I had tons of other things I could have done Friday morning: vacuumed upstairs, cleaned other places, no, I was outside spreading ant granules and spraying all the orifices of the house.

And what's on the kitchen counter this morning? Another wretched ant. Actually found two total when I cleaned off the counter, which, yeah, isn't many, but two is too many on the kitchen counter. Couldn't figure out where either of them came from. So sprayed around and in back of the fridge and around the window frame and down the gap between the counter and the backsplash (which means of course I had to come back later after it dried and scrub where it spattered on the counter, plus wash the floor—at least I'd already planned to do that—because I sprayed in back of the freestanding cupboard where they got in last year as well). Later I found a third ant on my duster as I was eating supper; since the only place I leaned on was the stove, I'm guessing that's where it came from. Great. I don't want to spray around the stove. I don't trust gas that much.

Again, what hacks me off most is that I did all that work and was lame for the rest of the day, and the stupid things still got in. I wonder if it's because I cut the branches on the privet. Last time we did that we came in and found ants all over the refrigerator door.

And it just occurs to me that although I was out in the backyard for an hour, I didn't check the roof again. The shed roof is covered with dead pine tassels and other detrious from the rainstorms we had last month. I hope there isn't more crap on the roof; I don't want James to have to get up there again, even if we do have the extendable rake handle now. Sigh.

We have got to find someone to clean out our back yard. It's horrible. Neither of us can stay out there too long because of the sun and various join problems. I was willing to pay Steve $$ to do it: the branches have to be picked up and put at the curb and leaves raked and bagged. Where do you find someone trustworthy who's looking to earn extra money?