Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, April 27, 2005
Unnecessary Intimate Redundancies: That Book Meme

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?

Kate Seredy's The Open Gate, which I adore and which no one has ever heard of.

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

In a book...wow, that's a hard one. Maybe Johnny Tremain? I could easily have a crush on Ray Sherwood in Swing. If you asked me about television now, that would be easy: there was Maxwell Smart and John Monroe and Jim Hutton's version of Ellery Queen and Mark Venture and Al Calavicci and Dr. Benton Quest...

What are you currently reading?

Betty MacDonald's The Egg and I, Gladys Taber's Stillmeadow Seasons, Henry Beston's The Outermost House, the Dr. Who book Who Killed Kennedy?, the mystery anthology Death by Dickens, and a 1905 bound volume of St. Nicholas.

The last book you bought is:

The Stories of English by David Crystal. It hasn't arrived yet. The last book I bought that I actually have in hand is Suddenly Silver by Lynn Johnston.

The last book you read:

Suddenly Silver

Five desert island books:

The Open Gate, Mary Stewart's Merlin trilogy (which I have as one book), Wyoming Summer by Mary O'Hara, Little Women, and Have Spacesuit, Will Travel by Robert Heinlein.

Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?

Won't "stick" anyone with it, but interested to know what Emma and Ivan and James will have to say.