Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, April 14, 2005
Thursday Threesome

This Week's Feature!

Onesome:This--is pretty much the start of Spring (regardless of the snow in the east and midwest last week!); what's on your to-do list for the next few weeks to transition away from this long Winter we've been having?

We've already transitioned. At the beginning of March James cleaned out the gutters and we raked the dead leaves off the roof so the ants wouldn't nest in them and pruned down the privet bush which is now a privet tree. I changed all the winter decorations in the house for spring ones. The Easter tree is still up; I'll take it down when I get home. And Steve cut and trimmed the lawn last Saturday—thank God; I had called him up and said, "Please come. Our yard looks like a vacant lot." It did; the weeds were taller than the dog!

Twosome: Week's-- What is this week's reading assignment for you? Is there a new book on the night stand? (Students, we're not talking the Chem 104 book either <g>!)

Reading assignment? I don't have to be "assigned" to read—it's like breathing to me. The problem is making me not read. Anyway, we stopped by a store called "Buck a Book" yesterday which is going out of business. Not much left but I got the little gift edition of A Christmas Story, which is all the stories that were incorporated to make the movie, and a copy of Jane Killick's fifth season Babylon 5 guide. I've read those both and am reading one of the books I brought with me that I purchased at Kudzu last Saturday, Betty McDonald's The Egg and I.

Threesome: Feature--What feature would you like to have on your web site that you currently don't have? ...or is there something you do have that you'd like dialed in just a little bit better? Just curious...

Eh. Not really. I would like to be able to do my graphics a bit better and occasionally I wish I had more webspace so I could put some sound files up, but more space would cost more $$$. It's okay. I don't need my pages to sing, dance, and run a temperature. I pass on info to folks who like the same subjects I do.