Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, April 28, 2005
Thursday Threesome

Onesome: Sex... When did you learn about sex? Was it through those films at school? Word of Mouth? Your parents?

I wasn't one of those kids who always asked. Once I asked my mom where babies came from and she said "God brings them" and that was satisfactory. In fifth grade they had a parents' meeting where they sold some books about sex and Mom bought the fifth and sixth grade ones. She had to tell me early because I got my period the October I was in fifth grade (I was ten). She let me read both books except for two pages in the sixth grade book that she put a paper pocket around and asked me not to read them yet (this was a description of the actual sex act). And I didn't until sixth grade and she said I could. I really didn't care.

Twosome: ...Lies-- ...do you believe little white lies are all around us? Or do you prefer only the truth even if it hurts someone's feelings??

Trust me, little white lies are the way to go. I tried being totally honest to someone once and a comment that I made being totally honest (although not insulting or critical or even negative) was taken as being an insult. There are lots of times you have to lie, if even just a little.

Threesome: and Videotape-- ...do you buy movies on Video and/or DVD? Or do you prefer to rent? What kind of movies do you add to your collection?

I won't rent videos anymore after what I heard strange tapes do to your heads. I will rent DVDs, but actually never have, although I've purchased many "previously viewed" DVDs; they don't have to be brand new like the videos.

As for what kind of movies, my taste is very eclectic. I have some SF, some fantasy, some biography, many comedies, Disney, dramas, adventure, animal movies, film classics, even a few Westerns.