Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, April 14, 2005
Sillie Billie
The visiting nurse has been here. Duh. When I picked up Mother's prescriptions from the pharmacy—an antibiotic pill and antibiotic cream—the pharmacist said, "Did your mother have this medication at the hospital?" She had told me yes and I said yes and figured she knew how to use them. When I've been doing her eye for the past two days I have put the cream on the incision and washed her eye out with the Artificial Tears.

Today the nurse actually had a chance to look at the antibiotic cream (Mom showed her the one from the hospital last time) and it's supposed to go in her eye. That's why only certain people get to be nurses; I would have been jumping up and down in frustration had someone told me that. So it's a big "duh" to the side of my head.

The eye looks good; it is not infected, just swollen shut, so I hope I haven't done any harm by not putting it in the last two days.

But the thumping sound you're going to hear for many days is me kicking myself.

I also made hash of putting up a paper towel holder in the bathroom; the screws were too short and I should have known it. The top screw has already come loose, although the bottom one is in there fast. I figured since these are real plaster walls instead of crumbly drywall they would hold.

Ah, but I'm used to having James and/or the handy dandy cordless power drill. James doesn't trust anything to those little baby screws they give you; his favorite construction pieces are two and three inch deck screws. When those darn things go in wood, they stay in. James' deck screws will be in our house long after it's fallen apart. :-)

Anyway, got to git: my godmother is taking us to lunch at a barbecue place at Garden City Shopping Center.