Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Saturday, April 30, 2005
Sigh...
It's about 1 a.m. and I just talked to James. Yes, he's still up. His roommate seems to have decided to watch TV all night. Loudly.

I know nothing about this guy. He's on nothing by mouth so maybe he's having surgery or a horrible test tomorrow and maybe he's scared. I remember when I was in to have my thyroid removed I could not sleep after the surgery at all, for six whole days. I catnapped, probably, but the nights were one long endless agony and I did have my TV on most of the time, but it was on very, very low, like the ticking alarm clock in the puppy's box, so not to disturb my roomie, who was in pain all the time and moaned loudly.

But being in the hospital's sorta like being on a lifeboat; sometimes you ought to consider the other guy...