Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Wednesday, April 27, 2005
Sick, Sick, Sick...
James is still sick. His fever is very peculiar. When he woke up this morning at 9:30, his temp was 100.8°F. When he finally saw the doctor at 11:30, it was 97.1. Now I'm not sure what it is up to, but he is scarlet and hot even after having Advil an hour ago and he's putting cold compresses on his forehead. If we were in Africa, I would suspect he had malaria the way his temperature slides up and down like a trombone.

The doctor has no idea what is wrong with him, but sent him for more blood tests and a urinalysis, and wants a stool sample. He even went over to Northside Hospital for an echocardiogram. He thinks it is something in his chest, even though the x-ray is clear, but keeps asking questions that makes me think he suspects it might be a kidney or urinary tract infection.

In the meantime, I am stuffy, my right ear is ringing, and I'm coughing. I have, in fact, most of the symptoms the doctor was asking James if he had. Except I don't have a fever. I didn't actually see the doctor, since they had no appointments today, but Kaiser won't give me a damn thing anyway unless I have a temp or if I have these symptoms for over a week, so I have to suffer till the weekend. The doctor did suggest a cough medicine that shouldn't mess with my heart and I'm taking the Afrin that I used for my cold in January (I didn't have a temp then, either), along with Advil and copious amounts of hot oatmeal and chicken soup.

Life seems such a disaster area right now.