Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, April 25, 2005
Oh, Geez...Can't Even the Little Things Go Right?
I've been excited since February when I found out that TCM was going to show one of my favorite movies, The Seven-Per-Cent Solution. I'd thought about getting the DVD, but (a) it's out of print and (b) the stupid transfer is in full frame. So when I saw it on TCM's April schedule, in letterbox, I was overjoyed. I set the timer last night and watched the first 45 minutes with the same interest as when I saw it back in my college days.

Tonight I checked the DVD and noticed that there was too much time left on the disk. I couldn't believe it. I clearly remember setting it to shut off after 12:15 a.m.; I recall thinking that I could have done something else with that half hour that would be left on the disk. But no, the movie is missing the last 13 minutes!

God only knows when (or if) TCM will show it again. What a disappointment.