Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Monday, April 18, 2005
Monday Madness

Let's Go Digital!

From the time you get up in the morning until the time you go to bed at night, how many different digital/electronic devices do you use on any given day? Please consider listing them, as it would be interesting to see what everyone comes up with!


Well, I wake up to the alarm of a digital clock—does that count? Once I am downstairs, I check the weather and the traffic on the computer, then shut it down. When I get to work I boot up that computer. At 8:20 my PDA rings so I can call James before he leaves for work. I work on the computer all day. If I have a "sit down job," I take the PDA in the bathroom to read an e-book during the "unavoidable delay," as Frank Gilbreth would have called it. The PDA rings again five minutes before 4:30, quitting time.

On the way home I may listen to Fibber McGee and Molly on my .mp3 player. When I get home I may be dubbing off a VHS tape to DVD, and we may watch a DVD later on that night. I will check e-mail when I get home and read a couple of newsgroups; that evening I may work on a web page. At 9 p.m. my PDA rings to remind me to take my Atenolol. On Mondays the PDA will ring again at eleven to remind me to set up to record The Tonight Show in case they do "Headlines."

...and an optional random question, because I just cleaned my mouse...
How often do you clean your mouse?


Whenever it seems to act weird. I try to keep it clean because of all the dog hair and dust around the computer.