Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Saturday, April 09, 2005
The Friday Five (I'm late, I'm late...)

1. What is the one book that you reread over and over again?

I think this is going to be the same answer as last week: just one??? I can try to make a list of books I read over and over: Mary Stewart's Merlin Trilogy, the Harry Potter books, Mary O'Hara's Ken McLaughlin trilogy (My Friend Flicka, etc.) and Wyoming Summer, A Christmas Carol, Addie Pray, Time and Again, Red Sky at Morning, Huckleberry Finn, The Cottage Holiday, The Open Gate, Life is a Banquet, The Family Nobody Wanted, Lassie Come Home, Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm, A Wrinkle in Time, A House Like a Lotus, Beautiful Joe, Black Beauty...

2. What is your favourite genre?

Cozy mysteries and old children's books.

3. Do you usually buy your books or visit the library?

Buy, as all the books in the house attest. I sometimes "test drive" books I am thinking about buying from the library.

4. Who is your favourite author?

Madeleine L'Engle.

5. What book have you read that you absolutely hated?

Just one? I threw Joyce Carol Oates' Wonderland against a wall; I think that may count as the worst one. Most of the "required reading" in school. We got stuck not reading Huckleberry Finn in ninth grade to read William Saroyan's My Kind of Crazy Wonderful People, which was a snooze. Also Treasure Island and Ethan Frome. Most recently there was Angels and Demons. Gah, it read like a turn-of-the-century boys' adventure novel with sex, violence and mysticism tossed in. I tossed it into the donate box the moment I finished with it.