Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, April 22, 2005
Friday Five

1. What is the first record/tape/CD that you bought?

The soundtrack album to the television miniseries QB VII.

2. Who is your favorite all time band/singer?

Rupert Holmes.

3. What have you been listening to lately?

A really cheap New Age tape, "Winter Reflections," I got for 25 cents at a bookstore going out of business. It's pretty unremarkable, but the Christmas piece is nice and the "Winter Storm" track sounds like the dissonant music from Twister. The winter dance song isn't too bad, either.

4. What is your favorite radio station, what do they play, and where do they broadcast?

I don't listen to the radio much. I put WGST 640 AM on on the way home for the traffic reports, but mostly the Kimmer (Kim Peterson) is too manic for me. Sometimes I listen to WABE, the local Public Radio station, when they have music on. The news gives me hives.

5. Can you recommend a good song or CD that everyone should listen to?

Well, Thomas Newman's soundtrack to Little Women is superb, as is Basil Poledoris' Lassie soundtrack. Mostly I would recommend George Winston, especially "Autumn" or his "Linus and Lucy" if you like jazz.