Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, April 01, 2005
Friday Five

1) What's the one movie you've seen more times than any other?

I don't know which one it is; I've seen many movies many multiple times: The Andromeda Strain, Spaceballs, Jurassic Park, The Court Jester, Auntie Mame, The Right Stuff, Cheaper by the Dozen, My Favorite Year, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Big Jake, Little Women, Twister, The Poseidon Adventure, Airport, The Hunt for Red October, Airplane, Star Trek IV, A Christmas Story, The Homecoming.... But the story I've seen the most times isn't any movie: it's "Lassie's Odyssey."

2) If you could turn one book, comic book or other print story into a feature-length movie, what story would you pick and why?

I'd like to see someone do a faithful version of Mary Stewart's Merlin trilogy. I was hoping the Merlin miniseries with Sam Neill would be some like it. Unfortunately, it wasn't.

3) Whom would you cast?

Hard one. I don't know much about these new actors. Sam Neill is too old for the younger Merlin now.

4) What one movie would you like to see "updated for the year 2005"? (Ie, a remake)

I usually hate remakes. It would have to be a movie that was done badly in the first place.

5) What one movie are you most looking forward to this year?

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.