Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, March 29, 2005
Tuesday Twosome

1. Do you procrastinate and if so, explain?

I expect that there will be many waggish answers that say "I think i'll wait to answer that one." :-) To be honest: Yes. I keep hoping things will go away.

2. Do you feel tired most of the time or not?

Yes, I do; it's the menopause and it getting warm. I don't sleep at all well when it's warm, not just now, but from childhood. Plus I'm a night owl; I'm not sleepy at night. But in the daytime get me in some fresh air and it's droopy eyelids immediately. My mom found out the best way to get me to sleep as a baby was to put me in the baby carriage outside the kitchen window, cover me against the sun, and let me snooze!

3. Do you get enough sleep and if not, how much time do you wish for?

Oh, eight hours would be nice, but even on weekends I toss and turn: I'm too warm, my nose stuffs up, or my knees start to hurt. It's also not how long, but when I sleep. I get my soundest sleep between six and eight a.m. Guess what time I have to get up for work. If the traffic wasn't so bad I'd go in later, but that's not an option. Even at 6:20 a.m. it's a struggle to get the 28 miles cross town.

4. Do you rely on an alarm clock to get you up or not?

Oh, yes. It's set to NPR, since there don't seem to be any "beautiful music" or big band stations anywhere.

5. Do you you dread certain things when you wake up and if so, what are they?

Work itself--and the freeway. I was doing nearly 80 m.p.h. this morning. Some idiot from Fulton County still passed me on the right.