Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, March 08, 2005
Tuesday Twosome

1. Do you ever feel overwhelmed, and if so, how do you deal with it?

Oh, yeah...wait until I'm alone and then cry. For a while at work I had to keep a spreadsheet on a contract with 60+ task orders (a task order is like a mini-contract within the big one). Someone was supposed to give me the figures to plug in, but about half of them didn't. So the numbers wouldn't come out and I'd wait until everyone had gone to lunch and then sit at my desk and cry.

I hate numbers. They're God's way of punishing us for our sins.

2. Is there a place you go to when you want to be all alone, and if so, where?

Not much to go to around here where I'd feel safe. When I was in RI I used to go to the museum at Roger Williams Park, or to the zoo. The museum was very old-fashioned at that time (it's since been updated and isn't as interesting) and dim, or I'd go out on the wetlands trail in the zoo and watch the birds.

3. Do you prefer to be in a crowd or a small group of people, and why?

Small groups or alone. Big crowds pressing in make me nervous.

4. Do you tend to be more optimistic or pessimistic, and why?

Pessimistic. Then when something bad happens like it always does, you aren't as disappointed.

5. Who are two people you tend to turn to when you need help?

Mother and James.