Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, March 24, 2005
Thursday Threesome

::Wine, women and song::

Onesome: Wine- or beer? Or do you prefer your beverages non-alcoholic?

I usually do not drink alcohol. I have been known to have a kahlua and milk every couple of years or so and sip a bit of something on New Year's Eve, but I'm wary of doing so since I started taking the Atenolol for my palpitations. I really don't like dry wines and those are the ones that everyone seems to think are the good ones. As for beer--eeewww. I don't see how anyone drinks beer, but I know most of my male friends love it. How on earth do you drink anything that smells that bad?

Twosome: Women- and men. We're entirely different creatures. What do you think makes the opposite sex tick? Or do you consider their behaviour a complete mystery?

I thought what made guys tick was food and sex. :-) Sorry, listening to Bill Engval too much. There are just some things I don't get about guys. Like why skirt a piece of Kleenex or a napkin or even a bowl put down for the dog in the middle of the floor a dozen times rather than picking the fool thing up and disposing of it (if it's disposable) or taking it to where it belongs? (Now, granted, we always have a problem at our house about "where things belong"--the half-finished DVD boxes, for example, are on the coffee table right now because I haven't cleared enough out of the VHS case to store them in there, but as I finish them, I am putting them up in one of the cases--it's just taking a while.) And for crying out loud, put the new roll of toilet paper back on the holder, don't plunk it on the edge of the sink.

These are the sort of small things that drive women absolutely mad...

Threesome: and Song- What's your favorite song? Your favorite band/ musician?

"The Impossible Dream" (sung by Richard Kiley, of course).

My favorite singer is Rupert Holmes and if you're looking for a good mystery you should really pick up his new book, Swing which includes a CD of big-band tunes he wrote.