Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Friday, March 04, 2005
It Pays to Complain
A few months back James complained to the Nature's Own folks that the bread he bought in Kroger on Friday was mouldy by Monday (even though it hadn't passed its sell-by date). They sent us three loaves of bread and some doughnuts.

If you remember I mentioned that James bought me some Russell Stover sugarless chocolates for Valentine's Day, a small box of assorted candies. The chocolate coating was quite good and so was the texture; they are also not overly sweet. But the flavor left something to be desired: when I eat an orange cream I want to taste orange, and the maple cream to taste maple. James had the lemon cream and could barely taste any lemon.

So I wrote them a note to tell them I was disappointed. I was. Their sugar-free dark chocolate candy miniatures are superb; they taste like "regular" dark chocolate--and the good stuff, too. I love their sugar-free peppermint patties as well (made with the same dark chocolate) and their sugar-free peanut butter cups are better than Reeses. James also likes the sugar-free versions of coconut-filled chocolate and caramel filled. So it was disappointing that the mixed chocolates were so flavorless, since, as I mentioned to them, that the dark chocolates and patties were so good.

Today I found a box on the porch--from Russell Stover. As an apology they sent two boxes of the dark chocolate miniatures and two small bags of the peppermint patties! Wow! So they not only tried to make amends, but they actually read my letter!