Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, March 29, 2005
I'm Depressed...
...I can tell; I put "Spider" on.

This is the first time we've watched any of the From the Earth to the Moon episodes on the new DVD player. To our surprise, when the titles come up, there is sound in the background, including Neil Armstrong saying "One small step for man..." This never played on the Apex!

James said when we swapped out DVD players that he couldn't tell the difference between the old one and the progressive scan. As Tom Hanks was doing the intro, I said to James, "There's your difference." The Apollo sculpture nearly jumped off the television into the room, it had that much depth. I guess it depends on what's being filmed.