Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.
Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net
. . . . .
. . . . .
» Friday, March 04, 2005"Getting to Know You"
These things get passed around in e-mail, but I like doing them in my blog, too.
1. WHAT IS YOUR FULL NAME? With confirmation name? Linda Maria Rosa Lanzi Young
2. WHAT COLOR PANTS ARE YOU WEARING? Black
3. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? My fan. :-) I'm gonna put George Winston on in a minute...there. From "Autumn": "Colors/Dance"
4. WHAT'S THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Quaker maple oatmeal
5. DO YOU WISH ON STARS? Yes
6. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Sky blue
7. HOW IS THE WEATHER RIGHT NOW? Cold but clear; we had a frost last night
8. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My mother
9. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT YOU THIS? Yes. Known her for about 20 years
10. HOW OLD ARE YOU TODAY? Too! (49)
11. FAVORITE DRINK? Skim milk
12. FAVORITE SPORT? Dog agility trials (and horse jumping)
13. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Nope, glasses--can't stand the thought of putting little bits of plastic in my eyes
14. SIBLINGS? Only child
15. FAVORITE MONTH? October in New England, November here in Georgia. When it gets cool and the leaves are pretty!
16. FAVORITE FOOD? Italian bread
17. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Movie...hm. I think it was Isn't It Shocking?
18. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR? Christmas!
19. WHAT DO YOU DO TO VENT ANGER? Mutter to myself
20. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD? My grey stuffed poodle, Fifi
21. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter! Summer sucks!
22. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs; they make you feel warmer
23. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? Chocolate (ugh...vanilla)
24. DO YOU WANT YOUR FRIENDS TO WRITE/E-MAIL BACK? Yes
25. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Emma Redmer (if she reads this)
26. WHO IS LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? One of the guys
27. LIVING ARRANGEMENTS? 3-bedroom house
28. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Tuesday night, watching the last scene of the last episode of NYPD Blue
29. WHAT IS UNDER YOUR BED? It's actually a waterbed frame with mattresses in it, so...drawers!
30. WHAT DID YOU DO LAST NIGHT? Played with Pidge, lifted small (2 and 3 pound) weights for about five minutes (all my elbows could stand), ate supper, dubbed off Portrait of America: Massachusetts and New York City, watched two episodes of Star Blazers and an old Ask the Manager, read my newsgroups (alt.recovery.clutter, alt.rhode-island, alt.tv.remember-wenn, and rec.arts.books.childrens), ate chicken soup with rice
31. FAVORITE SMELLS? Fresh-baked bread, cinnamon, gingerbread, coffee (even if I can't drink it), lilacs and hyacinths (even though they make me sneeze)
33. WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF? Enclosed places and fire
34. NUMBER OF KEYS ON YOUR KEY RING? Nine, plus the "beepy" thing to my car, a small Swiss Army knife, an "Outtime" keyring ornament from Universal Studios, my Kroger Plus card tag, my Replay card tag, and a rubber expandable thing so the keys can be hung around my wrist
35. IF YOU COULD BUILD A SECOND HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE? Australia or New Zealand, so I could go there in the summer when it is winter there
36. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING? My Lassie sweatshirt that Alice made me many Christmases ago
37. THE LAST CD YOU BOUGHT? George Winston, "Montana"
38. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE? Microwave
39. IF YOU COULD PLAY AN INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Piano
40. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SPORTS CAR OR SUV? :-) The PT Cruiser I'm driving
41. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTER LIFE? Yes, and I hope there are lots of books and budgies there
42. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK? The Open Gate by Kate Seredy
43. WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR? Two collapsable black nylon square containers, two soda bottles with water, two "cans" of oil, a bottle of transmission fluid, an ice scraper with a brush on it
44.WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SUSHI OR HAMBURGER? Hamburger, if I have to choose, but I'd really prefer a T-bone
45. FAVORITE DESSERT? The black tie mousse cake at Olive Garden
46. WHAT IS GOD'S GREATEST GIFT TO YOU? Being able to write