Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Saturday, February 19, 2005
"We Did It Before..."
Speaking of dubbing...I'm doing Life Goes to War: Hollywood and the Homefront right now. This is a 1977 documentary narrated by Johnny Carson and contains great clips of homefront life and of Hollywood stars supporting the war effort, some that I haven't seen anywhere else, including in Entertaining the Troops, Going Hollywood: the War Years, and Reader's Digest's America: the Way We Were.

It's a bit fuzzy since I taped it from WSBK-TV38 (ah, WSBK again), probably about 1981. Maybe since Johnny Carson has passed on, we might see this released on DVD at some point? They did a couple of Life specials, but this was the best of them.