Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Tuesday, February 01, 2005
Tuesday Twosome

Under the weather...

1. What is worse: having the flu or getting your wisdom teeth pulled?


Well, there's yuk and there's yuk...for sheer terror, having the teeth pulled is worse. However, the flu lasts longer and makes you feel more miserable than having your teeth pulled. So...it's a toss-up.

(I have a cold, so I have the right to be wishy-washy.)

2. What are two "comfort" foods you want when you are sick/ill?

Chicken soup with rice.

3. When sick, do you need somebody to take care of you or you can take care of yourself?

James does a wonderful job taking care of me when I'm sick: he makes soup and, when I need it, peppermint tea. But I'm like a dog when I'm sick; I most often want to just curl up in a little ball and get through it.

4. When you start to feel ill, do you go straight to the medicine cabinet to pop pills or do you wait it out to see how bad it will get?

I'll pop some aspirin (or the equivalent) immediately in hopes that it will put a brake on whatever's hurtling toward me. Does it work? No. Didn't work this time, that's for sure.

5. What are two things you do to help prevent illness (vitamins, eat healthy, etc.)?

I take vitamins every day as well as soy supplements. Doesn't seem to help much. My allergies always leave my resistance very low.