Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, February 24, 2005
Thursday Threesome

::Sweet Potato Queens' Field Guide to Men::
"The current book on my nightstand is The Sweet Potato Queens' Field Guide to Men (every man I love is either married, gay or dead) I thought we'd have a little fun..."
Onesome: Sweet Potato-- Sweet potatoes always remind me of thanksgiving which brings me to food...what is your all time favorite holiday food that you wish you'd get a chance to eat at other times?

Wine biscuits. Of course I could make them any time. My mom and aunts also made them for Easter as well as Christmas. But then it wouldn't be a treat anymore.

Twosome: Queens'-- do you follow what Prince Charles and others are up to? What do you think about the Queen not going to the wedding?

Not really. The Royals don't interest me all that much; they're just people that have a title slapped on them. As far as I'm concerned, Charles should have married her long ago rather than ruining Diana Spencer's life with a sham marriage. Maybe people put up with that nonsense 100 years ago, but it's stupid these days. And sure, Diana might have been just as unhappy if she didn't marry Charles. But being stuck in a loveless marriage certainly didn't help any.

Threesome: Field Guide to Men-- when it comes to the opposite sex, do you feel you have a grasp on 'em - or do they continue to just surprise you?

I don't think I'll ever understand men as long as I live. The one thing I've never been able to get: why a man will just keep avoiding some really obvious piece of trash on the floor--let's say a fallen napkin, or one of those dopey little condiment packages--instead of picking it up--and then when you say "Can't you grab that?" they respond "Grab what?" It doesn't bother them that it's in the middle of the floor. Totally bizarre. (And don't get me started about replacing the toilet paper roll... [wry grin])