Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, February 10, 2005
Thursday Threesome

Nothing is certain but death and taxes --Benjamin Franklin

Onesome: Nothing is certain- Have you ever thought you had "Sure Thing?" Did it pay off or not?

You mean like a bet? I don't gamble, and the few times we've played the lottery I knew it wasn't a "sure thing" but a matter of luck of the draw. Or do you mean a "sure thing" as in "If I mention I have money in front of the car, it's a sure thing it will break down."

And it did, too.

Twosome: But death- Do you belive in life after death?

Yes. But if my animals aren't there, I'm not going in. :-)

Threesome: and taxes- Have you got all your tax documents squared away and ready to work on? Or are you one of the people at the post office on April 15th?

We've got the software and really should have done them by now. But I don't remember receiving the documentation from the mortgage company telling us how much we paid in interest. I know we have both W-2s and the receipt from our Georgia tax refund -- doesn't that strike everyone as unfair that the tax refund you got last year because they said you paid too much in is now counted as income and you have to pay taxes on it? -- and the receipts from the car tags.

I do have to sit down to finish putting values on some of the things we donated to Goodwill. A couple of times we were in a hurry so I just made a list of the items and did not assign values.