Yet Another Journal

Nostalgia, DVDs, old movies, television, OTR, fandom, good news and bad, picks, pans,
cute budgie stories, cute terrier stories, and anything else I can think of.


 Contact me at theyoungfamily (at) earthlink (dot) net

. . . . .
. . . . .  

 
 
» Thursday, February 17, 2005
Thursday Threesome

::Mountains, Valleys and Streams::

Onesome: Mountains-- What is the elevation where you live? Do you like it there or would you prefer something a little different?

Man, beats me...let me look it up...according to city-data.com we are 1,128 feet above sea level. (That's pretty high; I used to live 60 feet above sea level.) I like mountains; it's cooler up there, but I also like the seashore (at least in the wintertime when the tourists are gone!). It's the climate here that drives me crazy.

Twosome: Valleys-- When you travel, do you have any particular valley or area you like to pass through on the way from here to there? ...and is there any route you'll take just for the scenery even if it's just a tad longer or more out of the way?

I dunno--the way we went up to DC last November seemed perfect; much nicer scenery than I-95! This was I-81, just along the Blue Ridge.

If I'm in RI I will always go to Newport at some point. It's beautiful any time of year.

Threesome: and Streams-- Do you have a stream you like to walk along and just think and enjoy the view? How about a netaphorical one if you don't have a real one close by?

Actually, we have a creek across the street from our house, but I couldn't walk it--would have to cross onto too much property. Besides, the mosquitoes are deadly.

The one stream I loved to walk along was the river up near Picnic Shelter #5 at Unicoi State Park, up on the road toward Anna Ruby Falls. There was a path that parallelled the river leading up into the woods that was lovely. But we had folks with mobility problems, so we go to the next picnic shelter now. There's a stream there, too, but it's not quite as nice to walk along.